By Gary Stotler, Member Coach
You can’t push a car uphill with a rope… but you can pull it!
Are your goals strong enough to motivate you up the hill as you climb toward better fitness and health?
Here are three tips to finding the motivation to stay strong through the holiday season:
- Clear the clutter of shoulda’, coulda’, woulda’ and know the more you look back at what you haven’t been doing, the longer it will take you to get where you want to go!
- Define what you want, why you want it and who you need to become to accomplish it! Learning to focus on the positive goals you want to work toward will help you take the right action even when the situation is difficult or time seems to be running out.
- Realize today is a new day. What you were supposed to do yesterday and what you hope you can do tomorrow is irrelevant. Be honest with where you are today and JUST START!
Trying to push a car up a hill with a rope is just like expecting someone else to keep you focused and motivated toward your goals, yet the minute you can define a goal strong enough to help you pull yourself up the hill, you will have discovered the true secret to motivation- YOU!
At the end of the day, if you don’t have a strong reason to work toward your goals, you won’t be willing to do the uncomfortable things it takes to reach them.
- Learn to set a goal YOU want
- Understand why you want to accomplish the goal
- Be willing to change yourself from the inside
- Become the person who deserves to accomplish your goal
Give yourself permission to move forward toward better fitness and health or continue taking steps backward toward the more of the same.