Director of Pilates
There are things in life worth paying a little extra for: direct flights, a quality mattress, a good haircut and…Pilates. Pilates? Yes! Pilates at Greenwood isn’t just another thing to buy, it’s an experience to savor. With Pilates, you can:
- Connect with neglected muscle groups. Pilates trains and activates the small muscles that tend to get less attention than others.
- Improve flexibility. In general, the more muscle mass you have, the less flexible you are. Pilates’ focus on lengthening helps prevent injuries and muscle strains and increases range of motion.
- Build core strength. Every Pilates exercise focuses on using your core to initiate movement in your limbs.
- Live more consciously. Pilates forces you to pay attention. You’ve got to focus on your breath while working through each movement, concentrating on proper form. After a Pilates session, you’ll feel refreshed and relaxed.
- Prevent injury. This kind of core training makes Pilates an excellent technique for whole-body fitness, as well as a foundation for cross training with other kinds of sports and exercise to balance the way you move.
We’re unique at Greenwood because we stay true to our work. We value quality over quantity and focus on fostering relationship: friendliness, respect and hospitality mean a lot to us. We bring naturally empathetic people onto our team, and we invest in their personal and professional growth so they can invest in yours. Pilates comes with a price, but its benefits are priceless.