Have you hit the mid-summer struggles?
Don’t worry- getting back on track is as simple as 1-2-3!
The key to success is setting yourself up to win and taking the consistent action to follow through on your plan. Making one positive step forward every day will have a stronger impact than a couple big steps taken every once in a while.
Step 1: Set Goals
- Outcome- what outcome do you want to see?
- Action- what consistent action will you need to follow to achieve the outcome?
- Feeling- what feeling do you want to receive when you achieve your action and outcome goals?
Step Two: Select Activities
- Cardio– improves health and functionality of the heart & lungs, increases calorie expenditure while reducing risk of cardiovascular disease
- Strength– increases muscle mass, decreases risk of injury and helps maintain & improve bone density
- Stability/Flexibility- increases muscle and joint mobility, improves balance and reduces risk of muscle imbalance related injuries
Step Three: Reward System
- Reward after every achieved workout
- Reward after every achieved outcome
- Reward after every achieved feeling
Goal setting takes intentional time and effort to work thru the process but if you take the time to create a vision for what you want, an action plan on how to achieve your vision and a reward system to keep you on track, you will have taken the first solid step toward better fitness and health.
“A man who moves mountain begins by carrying away a small stone.” –Confucius
Do you need help with the goal setting process?
Please reach out to me so I can help! I would love to help you design a plan. I can help you connect with the 140+ complimentary classes to get you started, a Myzone fitness tracker to keep you accountable and even a personal trainer/small group training class that can help you focus on your specific outcome goal!