Disruption, dysfunction and an overhaul of your schedule means something has to give… don’t let that something be your fitness! You focused, you put in the hard work and enjoyed all our beautiful Colorado summer has to offer, but now life hits the accelerator again as the kids go back to school, the fall activities start ramping up and next thing you know it’ll be time to set those New Year resolutions again. Why not keep the momentum going now so you can continue moving in the direction of your goals?
I have the opportunity to work with people from all walks of life to set and achieve their fitness and health goals. All too often, I watch a disruption in routine turn progress upside down and I see the disappointment as months of progress starts to dwindle away. A new routine is either a chance to drift into inaction or prioritize what is important.
Does fitness and health make your priority list?
If so, here are a couple tips so you can keep taking action toward a better you.
- Review and refresh your goals
- What do you want?
- Why do you want it?
- How are you going to get it?
- Schedule your self-care time at the club
- It’s amazing how quickly our day gets away from us before it’s “too late” to get in a solid sweat before bed. Find a time and create a positive routine around your goal.
- Remember your “Why”
- What will keep you taking action toward your goals? Finding a class you like, bonding with a workout partner or having the accountability of a personal trainer can make all the difference between what you want now and what you want later.
- Take the action
- Stress is built on the lack of efficiency which comes from a lack of consistency. Develop an attainable action plan. You will be amazed at how quickly a week or two of consistently following your workout plan will skyrocket your self-confidence!
- Keep Going
- Life will happen. Some days the kids will need to be in three places at once. A work trip unexpectedly arises. Progress comes from consistency, not perfection. If you miss a day, give yourself some grace but don’t quit.
Are you looking for a way to stay accountable and grow with a community of people within Club Greenwood? Myzone is a great tool to measure your workout intensity, track your consistency and be a part of a supportive community! Join the “Back to school means back to you” Myzone Challenge so you can keep moving in the positive direction toward your goals!
Do you have questions about Myzone or need to set up your new belt? Contact Member Coach Gary Stotler for more information and to get started today!